Saturday, December 25, 1999

Christmas 1999


Dear Friends,

I had so much fun writing last year’s Christmas letter that I decided to do it again this year! We have had a fun year, and we have a lot to be thankful for -- not the least of which is the fact that we are going to have another baby come live with us! It’s due to arrive on June 3rd – that’s just a month after I turn 2. Dadda doesn’t like surprises, so it won’t be long before I know if we’re having a brother or a sister!


Momma and Dadda were relieved that I never lost my long, red hair. I’m nearly 3 feet tall and weigh close to 26 pounds. Kind of tall and lanky like my Dad. I overhear my folks telling everyone how smart I am, and I have to agree. I love learning people’s names, and then talking to them on the phone. My vocabulary is pretty large, but my favorite words include NO, MINE, KEYS and PINK (Pink is my favorite little fleece blanket that goes everywhere with me). My favorite people include Elmo, Cookie Monster, Arthur and Blue – I watch far too much TV. I’ve gotten very independent and enjoy climbing up and down the two flights of stairs to our apartment all by myself. It drives Mom and Dad crazy because it takes me so long, but I know deep down they are proud of me for being so strong. At Church my favorite people are the missionaries – I call them the “BOYS” and shake their hands.

I took 2 airplane vacations this year. First I went with Momma to visit her family in Washington. Grandma May graduated from college, and all of my aunts and my uncle were there. It was a lot of fun. I also got my first real OWIE when I cracked my forehead open on Grandpa May’s coffee table. Mom felt really bad! Then in October I got to go with Mom and Dad to Disney World with Barbara, Brian and Adam (with whom I fell in love). We had a great time – I even kissed Mickey Mouse on the nose.

We think about you all the time. I hope that this letter finds you and your family happy and healthy! May the new year be more fun than sitting on Santa's lap!!


Love,

Laurel Dillon

No comments: